The archaeological collection of Neapolis was created pre-war and collected in a few years about 1000 objects, mainly from the country of Merabellos province and from other areas of the Prefecture. During the Occupation thanks to the care of Emm. Mavroidis - an extraordinary curator of antiquities - the collection was protected in the basement of the Club. Today the objects of the Collection are located in a building provided by the Ministry of Health and Welfare and the Municipality of the Ministry of Culture.
Collections include: - Finds from the archaeological research of the French Archaeological School in Elounda (1937). - Research findings of the French Archaeological School in Greek (1937). - Finds from the excavation research of the French Archaeological School in Driiros (1937). - Finds of Emm. Mavroidis excavation research in Late Minoan tomb of Tourlotis Sitia. - Finds from the excavation research of Emm. Mavroidis at a tomb of Kalo Chorio (beginning of Istroona) of Hellenistic times. - Findings from meditation in various parts of Merabellos and from traditions. - Antiquities originating from Agios Nikolaos (ancient Lato to Kamara) and other areas of the prefecture, from a gathering by the Italian occupying forces. - Monetary Collection, from traditions. SOURCE: http://new.ims.forth.gr/?q=el/node/2169